- Project Name: S2A Sport: “From Strategy to Action: Supporting the professionalisation of sport organisations through the definition of work-based competencies and the development of fit-for-purpose training for Sport Administrators”
- Promoter: European Observatory of Sport and Employment. (EOSE)
- Duration: 30 months (from 1st September.2015 – 28th February .2018)
- Partners: 12 officials partners (8 national and 4 European Networks) from 10 countries
- EU Program: Erasmus+ KA2 – Cooperation for Innovation – Call 2015
- Project Number: 2015-1-FR01-KA202-015201
The S2A project is focussed on the skills needed by “sport administrators” working in paid and voluntary roles and who have a crucial role in the delivery of sport.
One of the key parts of the S2A project will be the implementation of the 7 Step Model for the development of industry-led occupational standards specifying the standards of performance, and defining the precise knowledge and skills Sport Administrators need to perform effectively as well as the production of a corresponding training programme handbook and material that will be tested and piloted in the second part of the project.
Overall, the end goal will be to change and modernise existing training programmes, to equip those working or volunteering as Sport Administrators with the right skills and so to contribute to building the capacity and effectiveness of sport organisations across Europe.
The S2A project is funded by the European Commission under Erasmus+
- Еuropean Observatory of Science and Employment (EOSE) – France
- Université Catholique de Louvain – Belgium
- National Sports Academy “Vassil Levski” – Bulgaria
- International Sport and Culture Association – Denmark
- Suomen Urheiluopiston Kannatusosakeyhtiö – Finland
- European Federation of Company Sport – France
- Universita degli Studi di Cassino e del Lazio Meridionale – Italy
- Mykolas Romeris University – Lithuania
- Tennis Europe – The European Tennis Federation – Switzerland
- Werkgeverorganisatie in di Sport – Holand
- EOSE Services Ltd – United Kingdom
- University of Chester – United Kingdom
S2A Sport Leaflet:
Projects Meetings and Outputs: