WHAT IS INTERNATIONAL CREDIT MOBILITY?
For over 25 years, Europe has funded the Erasmus programme, which has enabled over 3 million European students to spend part of their studies in another higher education institution (HEI) elsewhere in Europe. Erasmus+ now opens up these opportunities to students and staff from other parts of the world. Under international credit mobility, a HEI in a Partner Country can send its students, doctoral candidates or staff to a partner HEI in a Programme Country, and vice versa.
National Sports Academy „Vassil Levski“ welcomes guest lecturers or administration members from our Erasmus+ partner universities. The professional visits are very important for maintaining the vitality and quality of our educational standards. Teaching and Staff exchanges are included in a range of our Erasmus+KA107 inter-institutional agreements.
Teaching and staff mobility NON-EU countries, KA107 (credit mobility)
Thank you for choosing National sports academy “Vassil Levski” for your Erasmus mobility. NSA is glad to welcome you during the 2020/2021 academic year. If you are a teacher or staff member and you want to visit our institution within the framework of the Erasmus+ program you have to contact our office on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The deadline for arranging teaching/ or staff mobility: 2 months before the planned mobility period.
* Please, be aware that our institution does not organize Staff weeks or related events, which means that for each individual we have to come up with a separate schedule in relation to their field of work. If you are interested in some specific activities, please refer to the above mentioned emails.
Erasmus+ programme funds two types of mobility:
- Staff mobility for teaching- the teaching period is 5 days (consecutive) + 2 days for travel. Before the mobility start a teacher from the partner university should establish communication with the Erasmus coordinator at NSA to arrange the teaching activities and need to be set in the Mobility agreement for teaching. Please take into account the Academic calendar of NSA.
- Staff mobility for training: for administrative, technical or academic staff. This activity supports the professional development of staff in the form of training events abroad (excluding conferences) and job shadowing/observation periods/training at a Partner University. The mobility period shall last 5 working days for non-teaching staff + 2 days for travel. Before the mobility start a staff member from the partner university should establish communication with the Erasmus office at NSA to arrange training activities; training activities need to be set in the Mobility agreement for training.
Before the mobility
Staff members of NSA partner universities in the Programme Countries are invited to submit their Application Form throughout the year.
- Application Form- The Application Form shall be duly filled out by the staff member and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within two weeks after the receipt of the staff mobility application form, the Erasmus+ coordinator will contact the partner university and the applicant staff member to inform them on the available options for staff mobility at NSA;
- Nomination for Staff mobility from the home institution ( by email).
- CV Europass in English language;
- Copy of the first page of the applicant’s passport;
- Mobility agreement for teaching– complete the mobility agreement and describe the teaching activities you plan to undertake during your stay in the receiving institution NSA. Both institutions approve and sign the Teaching Agreement. Scanned document is accepted.
- Mobility agreement for training- complete the mobility agreement and describe the activities you plan to undertake during your stay in the receiving institution NSA. Both institutions approve and sign the Training Agreement. Scanned document is accepted.
- Bank account document. The bank account document should provide details about the account,where the financial support should be paid, such as: the account holder, bank name, address, clearing/BIC/SWIFT number and account/IBAN number.
- Copy of an insurance policy, providing adequate insurance coverage for the travel and the mobility; The insurance policy will also be needed for your visa application.
On the basis of these documents of the applicant the Erasmus Office of the NSA prepares an Invitation letter, which will be sent to the Bulgarian Embassy in the
respective partner country as part of the visa application.
The Erasmus office of the NSA also prepares the Grant Agreement for Teaching/ Training , which is signed by the NSA and the participant after the arrival in Bulgaria. If the applicant is accepted, Erasmus Office will send an Invitation Letter and confirmed Mobility Agreement to the applicant and to the Home University.
After the mobility
- Online EU Survey – the participant shall complete and submit the online EU Survey after the mobility abroad. The invitation is received by e-mail.
- The participant provides to the receiving institution documents proving the dates of travel and stay– plane tickets, tickets from other types of travel, hotel and other accommodation invoices, etc.
- The receiving institution UACEG issues a Certificate of Attendance which certifies the start date and the end date of the mobility period
Travel cost: Based on the travel distance per participant. Travel distances must be calculated using the distance calculator supported by the European Commission. The applicant must indicate the distance of a one-way travel to calculate the amount of the EU grant that will support the round trip:
- For travel distances between 100 and 499 KM: 180 EUR per participant
- For travel distances between 500 and 1999 KM: 275 EUR per participant
- For travel distances between 2000 and 2999 KM: 360 EUR per participant
- For travel distances between 3000 and 3999 KM: 530 EUR per participant
- For travel distances between 4000 and 7999 KM: 820 EUR per participant
- For travel distances of 8000 KM or more: 1500 EUR per participant
Lectures, tutoring through e-mails are not counted in the minimum number of 8 hours of teaching!
The participant could receive besides the EU-grant or in replacement of the EU-grant or in replacement of the EU grant a national, regional or local grant provided by public or private donor.
Academic calendar 2020/2021
23 September 2020 – 19 February 2021
- 24 September 2020 – 22 December 2021 – Classes
- 25 January 2021 – 19 February 2021 – Exam period
Holidays and non-attendance days:
- 15 November 2020 – Day of the Patron NSA “Vassil Levski”
- 08-09 December 2020 – Students’ Holiday
- 24 December 2020 – 03 January 2021 – Christmas and New Year Holidays
February – June 2021
- February – June 2021 – Classes
- June – July 2021 – Exam period
Holidays and non-attendance days:
- 03 March 2021 – Liberation Day
- 29 April – 04 May 2021 – Easter Holidays
- 06 May 2021 – St. George’s Day
- 24 May 2021 – Day of the Bulgarian Education and Culture and the Cyrillic Alphabet